Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: sankyo MF 606 need help from other users

  1. #1
    Inactive Member guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm new to super 8, but I've recently found a Sankyo MF 606 in a thrift shop and it seems to work.
    The thing is I can't figure out how to switch the filter from daylight to tungsten (is there such a thing?). I wouldn't want to waste my first rolls.

    Can anyone give information on this camera? thanks very much

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On some cameras there is an obvious switch. I have a Sankyo camera (differnet model) that is not my main camera, but I use it because it is my only camera with an intervalometer for time-lapse cinematography. It has a little knob that can be pointed to either an icon of the sun or one of an articifial light.

    Other cameras have a key that plugs in to remove the filter. That's the way my Beaulieu is.

    Other cameras have an artificial light socket that removes the switch either when a light or a plug is screwed in.

    Look for any of the above. I'm sorry I'm not exactly familiar with how the filter is disengaged (or engaged) on your particular camera.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't locate any of the 3. There are sockets (jack plugs?) but there's no way to identify them. Anyway I shot a film last week and will let you know what it looks like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •